Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sweeny's Class

This is my first time taking Sweeney's class since being at Richard Bland. Being a freshmen I had no idea what teachers were good from bad. Their was a lot of talk of a man named Sweeney and I just knew that I had to have him as my teacher. So far I am proud of my decision of deciding to take his class. He tries to use teaching strategies that he feel will relate to his students and that will get us involved in his lectures. To anyone who is trying to figure out next year what English teacher is for them take Sweeney! :) This semester we have started to read stories and discuss the stories as a class, watch plays, and write a few papers. The typical things that happen in English class.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. When I asked people about Sweeney's class, I just knew I'd have to take his class. I like that it's interactive and that it involves the student's in the school. Class isn't always as entertaining as I would like. However, the material we study is intriguing. And when people have read the material and can talk about it in class, I enjoy it a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely agree with you! I asked so many people what english teacher i should take and they all said sweeney! and i went on that website "rate my professor" and everyone gave sweeney really good rates and reviews, so i was like yep im taking his class! So far this semester, its been a little boring cause we dont do much but its sometimes still fun! the stories we read though are really weird! i dont like those as much. I hope alot more people take his class cause its a great class and hes a great teacher! :) im glad im in his class!

    ReplyDelete